Health and Safety
Our safety and Management regards the Occupational Health & Safety of employees,contractors and other persons being affected by our operations to be of vital importance. Our primary objective is therefore to:
“Achieve and maintain the highest practicable level of Health and Safety control in all areas of the Company’s operations.”
To this end the Company will ensure that:
- Risks and hazards shall be minimized to prevent any impact on its employees, contractors and other parties
- Adequate precautions are taken to prevent ill health, injuries, incidents, damage to its employees, contractors and other parties;
- The provisions of applicable legislation, as well as the Health & Safety Management System, are complied with; and
- There is reasonable protection of persons against ill health.
Below is how do we achieve our goal of Occupational Health and Safety Objectives
- Train our employees in Occupational Health and Safety issues so as to:
- ensure competence in the workplace;
- be aware of the potential hazards implicit in their work activities; and
- be aware of their scope of authority in terms of Occupational Health and Safety control.
- Manage Occupational Health & Safety to acceptable standards.
- Enforce Health & Safety measures with discipline in the workplace.
- Protect the public and persons other than Company employees from Health and Safety hazards associated with our work.
Our Responsibilities as Kastur Construction Limited
- Achievement of these objectives is, and will be, the responsibility of all management structures.
- Duties will further be assigned to Company personnel with the aim of managing Safety, Health and Environmental procedures.
- The commitment of Management and Employees to these objectives will ensure high standards of Occupational Health & Safety control